Services At Aligned Chiropractic
At Aligned Chiropractic, we believe that each patient is unique in their own way and it is our goal to provide services to help fit your specific needs. Whether you are experiencing discomfort or just wanting to improve your overall health, we are here to help you.
We offer the following services:
- Chiropractic Adjustments:
- This technique, otherwise known as spinal manipulation,is performed using a hands-on approach that provides a gentle, specific movement to vertebrae causing dysfunction in the spine. The goal of the adjustment is to restore proper motion to the spine and reduce pain, nerve irritation and muscle tension, allowing you to live more optimally. We also provide an instrument-assisted approach. We should mention that chiropractic care is safe for ALL ages, including babies and kids, and for pregnant women as well!
- During your initial consultation, digital films may be taken based on your condition. While they are not always necessary, x-rays can provide important information and notify Dr. Felicia of serious spinal conditions that may require further imaging or evaluation.
- This form of treatment involves stimulating certain points throughout the body, therefore helping to alleviate pain and treat a variety of physical, mental and emotional conditions. While most associate acupuncture with needles, we do provide a non-invasive form of acupuncture that uses an electrical “current” to treat the same points.
- Electrical Stimulation:
- Otherwise known as e-stim, this therapy provides low-mid frequency electrical impulses through electrode pads on the skin. These pads are placed in areas that are causing pain or tension with the goal of providing relief to the patient. This form of therapy can be used for chronic or acute conditions. The most common type used in our office is interferential stimulation.
- Cupping Therapy
- This form of treatment involves special cups that use suction to pull tissue up and create negative pressure. This helps to decompress muscles and/or connective tissue, increase circulation, drain excess fluids and toxins, and reduce overall pain. Cupping can be beneficial for both acute and chronic conditions.
- Webster Technique (for Pregnant Women):
- This technique is designed to provide a specific chiropractic sacral analysis and adjustment with the goal of reducing the effect of sacral subluxation and/or sacroiliac joint dysfunction. If there is dysfunction within the sacrum, this could potentially contribute to difficult labor for the mother. The goal in correcting this dysfunction is to not only enhance the mother’s pelvic function to help create the most optimal environment for the baby, but also aid in a more comfortable, safe and easier birth experience. Fun fact: this technique can also be used on ANY weight-bearing individual!.
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM).
- This form of treatment involves using stainless steel instruments that conform and contour to different areas of the body with the purpose of manipulating the skin, myofascial, muscles and tendons by using various direct compressive stroke techniques. By inducing a controlled microtrauma to the affected soft tissue, this causes a local inflammatory response and therefore facilitates healing and remodeling of the affected soft tissue. Other benefits of IASTM treatment include: increase range of motion and strength, decrease in pain and muscular adhesions, restoring proper function, speeding up recovery time, increased circulation, etc.